Monday 2 July 2012

Liebster Blog award

I was tagged by the gorgeous ladies Louise and Rachel for the Liebster award - thanks so much ladies and sorry for the delay in posting this!




Here are the rules:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs

So, I probably won't tag 11 people as I follow so many lovely blogs, it's really hard to choose. If you want to take part - let me know and I will come up with some questions.

11 things about me:

  1. I love to travel. I like to have at least 2 trips booked at any one time or I get really itchy feet.
  2. I've got 2 younger sisters, both of whom got married aged 24. My youngest sister is 11 years younger. 
  3. I will be 36 when I get married - this makes me feel old.
  4. I met my fiancĂ© on the internet. 
  5. I have an irrational fear of windmills, wind turbines and birds.
  6. I own a red Fiat 500 and I adore it.
  7. I work as a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer (I don't really know what this means either!)
  8. I read really quickly. On a 2 week holiday, I usually get through at least 12 books. Thank god for Kindles.
  9. I am getting married next month (eek).
  10. I am getting married in Italy purely on the basis that I love Prosecco.
  11. I'm a natural blonde, but no one ever believes me. 
Questions from Louise:
  1. Polka dots or bird prints?
    Polka dots - although I own a hell of a lot of bird print too.
  2. Dresses or jeans/trousers?
    Very difficult one. I wear more jeans and trousers than dresses, but I love dresses too. Is that a cop out? I've long had a hatred for my legs, hence the dress fear but I am trying to overcome that.
  3. Do you have any tattoos, and if yes, how many and what are they of? If no, do you want any?
    No and I don't want any. 
  4. Who's your favourite band or musician?
    I have really varied taste in music and am quite fickle. I rarely buy albums as I usually only like a few songs. At the moment I am loving Ben Howard, Emeli Sande and Nicki Minaj. 
  5. Who would you like to be stuck in a lift (elevator) with?
    James Corden - I think he is hilarious and strangely attractive.
  6. What's at the top of your bucket list?
    An Abarth Version of my car. 
  7. Where is your favourite place on Earth, and why?
    Too many to choose from - I love The Dordogne region in France, Paris as we got engaged there, San Francisco, New York and Las Vegas... I can't pick one!
  8. Bags or shoes? Why?
    Shoes. I have over 200 pairs. I adore Mulberry handbags and own far too many, but shoes are my love.
  9. Have you ever met a celebrity, and if yes, who and how?
    I once spent a random night with 2 friends locked in a hotel bar with Ant & Dec. It was in their PJ & Duncan days and they agreed to have a drink with us as we were fellow Geordies. One of the funniest night's of my life. I also met David Hasselhof in Vegas. He was staying in my hotel.
  10. If time, responsibilities, and money weren't an issue, how would you spend your ideal day off?
    I'd fly by private jet to New York, do a spot of shopping, have an amazing lunch at a Michelin starred restaurant, have a spot of pampering and then go for cocktails. 
  11. What's your favourite book?
    I honestly couldn't say. I've read so many, I tend to forget most of what I have read! 
Questions from Rachel
  1. Whats your favourite print ?
    Polka dots I think. Although I'm currently quite partial to stripes too!
  2. Lipstick or lipgloss?
    Lipstick, I hate my hair getting stuck to my lips with gloss.
  3. Zoo or theme park?
    Zoo - I love animals. Plus I'm usually too big for some of the rides at theme parks!
  4. Whats your favourite drink?
    Prosecco.... :) 
  5. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life what would it be ?
    Something with Yorkshire Puddings and gravy probably or rib eye steak. 
  6. Whats your favourite place to shop?
    Dorothy Perkins or ASOS (and Mulberry)
  7. What is your favourite film?
    Again, too hard to say. I watched Love Actually at the weekend again and I'd forgotten how good it was, but I probably couldn't pick a favourite.
  8. Where is your favourite holiday destination?
    Las Vegas
  9. If you had a super power what would it be and why?
    I'd like to be able to fly, because I am too impatient and I hate sitting in traffic.
  10. Whats your favourite animal?
    Dogs I think. I love most animals, but our Boxer dog Lennox was adorable. 
  11. What do you like to do with your spare time?
    Dinner and drinks, long lunches, online shopping, blogging, Instagramming, spending time with family and travel!
Thanks again ladies for tagging me!

2 comments:

  1. You're very welcome!

    I love to travel, too. I'm one of those people who doesn't mind travelling up and down the country alone to stay with a friend or go to a concert. I love to read but woah that's a lot of books in a fortnight- I'd maybe manage half of that and thought that was a lot. My older sister got married at 24, too!! You're not old though, Linz!! I used to love PJ and Duncan- I actually got given their album Top Katz as my first album! Haha. I was about eight, though! Your idea of a weekend in New York sounds perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your answers I'd love to be able to fly ! And Yorkshire puddings are amazing :) I can't believe you read so quickly I would prob only get though 5 books in that time xx

    ReplyDelete